2. Justified (Forgiven): “Since we have now been justified by his blood , how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!” Rom. 5:9 (Completely righteous.)
3. Redemption: “In him we have redemption through his blood , the forgiveness of sins” Eph. 1:7 Redeemed, means: We have a restored worth. That which marred us has been taken away.
4. Near: “now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.” Eph. 2:13 (Esp. Gentiles, were far from God’s family, house. Brought in)
5. Reconcile: “For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood , shed on the cross.” Colossians 1:19-20 (Fullness: GOD did it! Who did that? God!)
6. Precious (valuable): “For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.” 1 Peter 1:18-19 (Means: He took on flesh and blood. Unlike any other human. Valauable! God became man. Can’t buy that!)
7. Purifies: “the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” 1 John 1:7 (Pictured in Baptism)
8. Freed: “To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood” Rev. 1:5
Steven Spielberg Prince of Egypt, showed the people marking doors. Script had God say: “When I see the mark upon the doorframe, I will pass by.” Religious leaders said: No. That’s wrong. You have to say: Blood! “When I see the blood.” “The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you.” Ex. 12:13 Like the Hebrews, we are set free. Our sins forgiven. Taken to the sea, now go through the desert, we look toward Canaan.9. Purchased: (Song sung by elders) “with your blood you purchased men for God” Rev. 5:9 You belong to God because he bought you. Paid full price.
10. Victory: “For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. 11 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb” rev. 12:10-11
In Revelation 19, John says: I saw a white horse, rider called Faithful and true. Eyes like blazing fire, on head many crowns. Name: King of Kings, Lord of Lords. The armies of heaven follow. He comes wearing a robe dipped in blood. “Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.” Rev. 19:15-16
The blood on his robe is not his own. It is the blood of the nations. Picture of judgment. You can come to him through his blood. Or, on that final day: He will crush unbelievers like you crush grapes. When grapes are are crushed in a winepress, they get on the edge of the robe ofthe one trampeling. That is how the judgment will be. The blood of the wicked will be on his robe.
Blood will be spilt: 2 options: He can pay with his blood to make us friends with God. We can pay with our own blood to make ourselves enemies of God. Only a fool would shed his own blood to eternally be an enemy of God.